Monday, October 26, 2015

Change to K5 and 1st Grade Concert Songs

Good morning!

Through my years of teaching music, I've learned that some songs will work, and others won't, but you really have to test those songs out with the students to know for sure.  

After singing through the concert songs with K5 and 1st grade, I realized that I may have given them too much music!  I want to make sure that they feel confidant on stage, not scared or nervous, so I have decided to take a few songs out of the program.

1st grade will no longer be singing "Lean On Me," and K5 will no longer be singing "Get Up Offa That Thing."

There will be solo opportunities for K5 students on the song "ABC!"  The chorus will be sung by all kindergartners, but the verses will be solos for students interested.  We will have solo try outs in music class during the week of November 9th.

Please e-mail me with any questions you may have!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com